Sunday 5 February 2017

It's a man's world!


I am a woman infiltrated in a men's office. I say "infiltrated" because they often forget I'm among them. And they talk like I'm not here. Like they are between men. And I hear things...


They talk about their girlfriends, their wives, their mums. They talk about the tie they just bought, that matches their handkerchiefs. They borrow hairspray from each other, after making fun of me touching up my lipstick after lunch. They compare engagement rings and romantic venues. They ponder over wearing boxers or briefs to avoid ball's sweat. They brag about how many strippers' numbers they have in their phone.
 
I feel incredibly lucky to get to hear all these golden quotes. I've been telling my friends about it, my God do you know what I just heard my colleagues say? My God listen to what my colleague just told me! I thought I'd share it with you too. For obvious reason, all the names and places will be hidden or changed. Feel free to comment, and share the things you too hear.


Without further ado, here comes the first quote:

Me: What do you have for lunch?
John: I don't know, whatever my mom put in my lunchbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment